SURFACE INSPECTION OF SPOONS USING MACHINE VISION
The client is an Italian manufacturer of branded chocolate and confectionery products. The operations of the company are spread across multiple countries. The organization has been constantly working to improve the taste experience of their customers by maintaining a high quality of the products. These spoons are made up of plastic material, packed with multiple products to increase the ease in user experience for the consumption of the products.
- Poor handling while manufacturing and transportation cause damage like scratch, breakdown, spots, etc. These defects (size < 0.5mm) are being missed out due to large volume and only a few inspectors
- Additional labor is required, due to fast conveyor speed(109 parts/min)
- The inspection is detailed oriented, causing labor fatigue
- To automate the in-line inspection of the surface anomalies on both sides of spoons with the help of machine vision.
- Spoons are moving at high speed and thus the cycle time of inspection should be less than a second
- Auto-reject the defective spoons moving on conveyors
- Reduce the manpower and cost being invested in the inspection
For more details, please download the use case →
Fill the form to download Use Case