Measurement in machine vision is used to confirm the dimensional accuracy of components, parts and sub-assemblies automatically, without the need for manual intervention. Typical applications for measurement based vision systems include:
- Measuring maximum/minimum dimensions of components, parts or products
- Measuring inner or outer diameters or centre coordinates of circular products
- Measuring the roundness or angle of metal parts
- Dimensional inspection of medical device components and pharmaceutical products
- Measuring label positions, seals and packaging dimensions
- Measuring widths of sheet/film products.
The dimensions of parts and products are generally measured with gauges or inspection jigs to ensure that there is no variation in measurement accuracy. Gauging using measurement jigs inevitably involves errors due to individual differences among workers and overall measurement conditions. Also, these old methods do not show or report accurate measurement values which can be reviewed, saved and used to confirm the process performance.
At Qualitas, we have implemented many such solutions that have been able to correctly measure the dimensions of these components and provide results that have more than satisfied our customers. Using our highly customizable software and solutioning, we have been able to deliver solutions that specialize in catering to such measurement in gauging related problems in the most effective manner.